A typical tooth extraction can cost $2,000 to $3,000, depending on how far your teeth are from your gumline, where you live and the dentist’s location.
That’s $400 to $600 per tooth.
If you have an implant, you’ll likely pay more than that. There are some dentists who charge around $5,000 for a full implant procedure. That’s more than the cost of a single tooth extraction.
How much to pay for dental implants?
So, if you have a few teeth that need to come out, how much will you need to pay out of pocket for implants?
If you have an implant placed, you’ll pay anywhere from $2,000 to $3,500 per tooth.
If you have an implant procedure, you’ll pay anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 per tooth.
For an implant, you’ll pay for the implant, the surgical procedure and for a two-week recovery period.
For a full set of dentures, you’ll need to pay for the dentures and for the expense of buying new ones.
How much does a crown cost?
A crown is a cap on a tooth that provides a good-looking, functional restoration.
If you have a tooth that’s cracked or you have a tooth that’s lost its enamel, a crown might be needed. A crown can cost anywhere from $1,500 to $2,500.
How much does a bridge cost?
In some instances, you might need a bridge. A bridge is a tooth-colored cap that’s placed over your existing teeth to hold them all in place.
If you need a bridge, the cost can range from $2,500 to $3,500 for a single bridge.
If you need a full set of bridges, you’ll need to pay for the bridge, each bridge and for the expense of buying new ones.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Most people who have dental implants feel that the benefits outweigh the costs.
Here’s how you can get a good look at the benefits of dental implants.
Dental implants are a long-lasting solution
The benefits of dental implants are well worth the money. They’re an easy, long-term solution for missing teeth.
They also reduce the risk of infection and bone loss.
They improve the appearance of your smile
When you smile, you’re showing the world that you love to eat.
Your smile can be improved with dental implants.
Dental implants improve your overall health
When you have a missing tooth, it can cause problems with your bones, teeth and gums.
Dental implants can help prevent that problem from ever happening again.
They improve your quality of life
Missing teeth can lead to chronic pain and the inability to eat and speak.
Dental implants can help you eat, drink and talk again. They can also reduce the risk of bone loss and infection.
They improve your ability to chew
Missing teeth can also cause problems with your jaw and gums.
Dental implants can fix that problem. They can also improve your ability to chew.
They’re a good way to save money
Missing a tooth can be expensive.
Dentures and bridges are permanent solutions.
Dental implants are a long-term solution.
They’re a solution that’s right for everyone
Dental implants are a solution for folks who have a tooth that’s broken off. They’re also a solution for folks who have a tooth that’s cracked or lost its enamel.
How can I choose a procedure?
Dental implants are a well-researched and proven treatment. If you’re interested in dental implants, you’ll want to make sure you’re choosing the procedure that’s right for you.
Here are some helpful tips that can help you choose the best implant procedure for your situation:
- Your overall health and oral health. You’ll want to make sure you’re in good health and have great oral health.
- The location of your missing tooth. Your missing tooth might be in a position where it can’t be fixed with dental implants.
- Your budget. You’ll want to make sure your budget is in the right ballpark.
- Your preferences. You’ll want to make sure you’re choosing the procedure that’s right for your preferences.
- Your experience. You’ll want to make sure you’re choosing a procedure that’s been around for a while and has a good reputation.
If you’re not sure what procedure you want, you can talk to your dentist about that.
It’s also important to know that all dental implant procedures are not equal.
Your dentist can help you choose the best procedure for your situation.
Is there anything I should know before I get dental implants?
You’ll want to know that dental implants are a well-researched and proven procedure.
If you’re considering dental implants, you’ll want to make sure you know the following:
- Dentures and bridges will be needed for many years after your implant.
- Your teeth will need to be restored and adjusted several times during that time.
- Your dentist will need to make sure your bone is healthy before you get implants.
- Your dentist will need to make sure you are in good health.
- Your dentist will need to make sure you’re satisfied with the result of the procedure.
What happens during the procedure?
Here’s what you can expect when you get dental implants:
- You’ll come into the office. You’ll be asked to remove any makeup or jewelry and to don a hospital gown.
- Your dentist will examine your mouth and give you a full head and neck X-rays.
- The procedure will take about an hour.
- You’ll go into a recovery room. There, your dentist will make sure you’re comfortable.
- You’ll be given a sedative to help you relax.
- You’ll be moved to the operating room. Here, the dentist will put the dental implants into your mouth.
If you’re interested in getting implants, you’ll want to make sure you’re choosing the best procedure for your situation.
Images by Freepik
Generated by AI